Who am I?
I am a registered psychotherapist offering services to individuals and couples age 16+.
You may be interested in working with me if you…
- Feel stuck in life and need some support to move forward.
- Feel traumatized by events in your life and you want a safe space to work through them.
- Lost a loved one and you are looking for guidance on how to deal with grief.
- Have had something on your mind that you find difficult to talk about with friends and family.
- Have had difficult childhood experiences that are impacting your life today.
- Would like to improve your couple relationship, reduce conflict, and increase your sense of connection with your partner (LGBTQAI2S+ couples welcome)
My goal is to provide you with a safe and non-judgemental space where you can learn to understand yourself better. In our sessions we will explore what has been causing difficulties for you and how those are impacting your life and relationships. We will work collaboratively to discover what tools or strategies effectively support you in overcoming your challenges. We will work at your pace and customize therapy to suit your individual needs.
Theories that guide my work
- Acceptance and Committment Therapy (ACT)
- Somatic Experiencing (SE)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Solution-Focused Therapy (SFT)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Professional Counsellor since 2010
- Working and volunteering in mental health since 2007
- Registered Psychotherapist (#002761) with the College or Registered Psychotherapist of Ontario (CRPO)
- MA (Ed) in Counselling – University of Ottawa
- BA in Psychology – University of Ottawa
- Specialized training in
- Somatic Experiencing
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couple’s Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
Call me at: 613-604-5165, or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org