Anxiety, Phobias, Bereavement, Chronic/Acute Illness, Depression, Trauma, PTSD, Anger Management, Self-Esteem
Making the choice to engage in therapy requires courage, however it can be an empowering and positive experience towards a more fulfilling life. I have integrated my years of training and work in clinical and agency settings, to offer counselling to clients ages 16 and older looking to improve their mental wellness and overall functioning.
I am in good standing with the Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists. Throughout my work, I have had the opportunity to work with a diverse population of clients and various mental health concerns. I offer a collaborative approach to counselling by working together with my clients, to establish realistic and attainable goals throughout the counselling process.
My journey towards becoming a therapist started with my fascination with human behaviour. My interests lead me towards completing an Honours B.A. in Psychology and Sociology from Carleton University. Afterwards I continued on my journey, earning a Master of Art in Counselling and Spirituality from Saint Paul University in Ottawa. During my training I focused on post-traumatic stress disorder among civilian populations and the personal, social and long lasting affect it may have on individuals as a whole in the aftermath of traumatic events or experiences.
I have expertise and understanding of life experiences that may be causing personal distress in your daily life and my clinical work focuses on clients:
* Experiencing difficulties in their interpersonal relationships (e.g. socially, family, spouse/life partner, workplace).
* Experiencing difficulty coping with emotions (e.g., anxiety, phobias, insomnia, stress, grief and loss).
* Dealing with depression (Acute or chronic diagnosis).
* Healing and growth, for clients journeying though the aftermath of interpersonal trauma and abuse (e.g., physical, sexual, and emotional abuse, post traumatic stress disorder, life changing events).
* Clients struggling and relationship concerns (e.g., emotional, physical and sexual intimacy).
* I am attentive to counselling individuals who are struggling with a self-esteem, positive self-image, and body image (e.g. weight loss/gain, adjustment to major life changes- marriage, parenthood, separation and divorce).
* I have professional and personal experience and work empathetically and with compassion to clients coping with an acute or chronic illness or diagnoses, such as diabetes, cancer, and chronic pain.
I value the personal strengths my clients bring to counselling and like to work collaboratively to identify your most important therapeutic needs and expectations for seeking counselling, to develop goals suited to these needs, and to collaboratively create a treatment plan to help overcome your existing barriers towards better functioning and wellness.
During our time together, I may incorporate cognitive-behavioral, psychodynamic, solution focused and schema based therapy modalities, as well as elements of mindfulness. As a clinician, I strive to assist clients in building personal strengths such as self-esteem, effective coping, and resiliency to manage and overcome any future difficulties with confidence.
I can be reached directly at: 613-900-0462
Payments can be processed via credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), cash, cheque or bank transfer.